Not everyone needs counselling, but there may be times when you really feel like talking things through with someone.
You may feel concerned because:
- you often feel anxious and stressed
- it’s hard to cope with life at the moment
- you have experienced an important loss
- sometimes you feel angry and frightened
- your close relationships are difficult and painful
Psychodynamic counselling may help you understand how worries about the future, and anxieties from past experiences are affecting your life now. It is frequently called the ‘talking cure’, and it’s an opportunity to put your thoughts and feelings into words.